Of old they said she rose from the dead, and the world rejoiced with spring. Come fall, that fruit she ate forced her descent again.
Today we spin a new story about sex and courage
— about choosing to be whole:
- Raising our consciousness of the Dark Queen in us — she who is still also the essence of innocence. Marrying the halves of the dichotomy we have made of her; raising our awareness to the dialectic, to the wider paradigm.
- Acknowledging the dark aspects of sex. When we emerge from our own underworlds, bringing the experience into the light of consciousness. Coming to terms with it, learning from it.
- Healing the habits of fear and hate. Knowing the danger of trying to get rid of them, instead we include them in a wider awareness.
- Learning compassion, the antidote to both our cultural obsession with violence and its underside, the victim mindset.
In the climax of this story, we
- Transform darkness into strength of heart.
- Reclaim passion’s spiritual joy.